Wednesday, October 1, 2014

CREATIVE CONVENTION 3: BEAUTY OF THE SEASON

Today I have another installment of cards I made for Creative Convention, and for which I am offering as a product-based class.  These cards feature the Beauty of the Season Stamp Set and Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Pack -- two of my favorite products from the Holiday Mini Catalog.

Here are some sample designs that are simple, easy, and fun; yet beautiful and elegant:

This Christmas Cardinal is beautiful all on its own without any color.  Here I have embossed it with Black Embossing Powder, on White Vellum Cardstock, before layering it on the beautiful designer paper.

Here I have added a watercolor wash on the White Cardstock than stamped directly on the watercolor.  I used the Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake Blendabilities Assortments and White Gel Pen to color the image.

Again, I used the same Blendabilities to color.

I love how this card turned out by stamping directly on the designer paper.

And of course, a Blue Jay is perfect with this stamp!!  I stamped directly on the new All is Calm Designer Washi Tape and then colored with Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Night of Navy Blendabilities Assortments; using the White Gel Pen and Project Life Black Journaling Pen to finish.
I hope you like my ideas on how you can use your designer series paper to really add dimension and make a WOW card without adding bulk, which would require extra postage when mailing your cards.

Until next time,
Sandi

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."  --  Psalm 56:3

2 comments:

  1. Sandi I really like how you used one stamp and came up with all the different techniques. My favorite (I like them all but,) is stamping directly on the designer paper. I may have to try it when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops forgot to leave my name, ???? Guess who? Sister Lois

    ReplyDelete