Wednesday, August 21, 2013

CREATIVE STAMPIN' UP CONVENTION SWAPS

I have a million things to get done today, so don't ask me why I am on my computer updating my blog.  Probably because it has been over a week since I have posted and you all are starting to think I haven't been getting my fingers inky!!  But I have been a busy beaver the last couple of days getting my swap cards done for Ronda Wade's Creative Convention this weekend.  It is such an awesome event, with demonstrators attending from many states and Canada.  It is packed with information, demonstrations, and fun things to do; like a smaller version of a Stampin' Up Convention.

I really will try to post a few pictures while I am there (but I always say that and end up posting when I get back).  So instead I will share an advanced look at my swap cards.  The night before the opening session we have a huge Shoebox Swap -- which I love attending -- and then there will be general swapping during the convention.  So these are my swaps:


This will be my Shoebox Swap card.  Product used include:  Post Card, Christmas Messages, Postage Due, Tag It, and Snowflake Soriee Stamp Sets; Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake Cardstock; Early Espresso Classic Ink; Chalk Talk Framelit; Postage Stamp Punch; Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine; and Sponge.
 
This is for my Christmas Swap.  I couldn't make up my mind which design I liked the most so I did three different designs (see other 2 below).  Stampin' Up product used:  Joy to the World Stamp Set; Craft Bow Bigz L Die; Winter Frost Designer Series Paper; Pool Party and Smoky Slate Card Stock; Silver Glitter Paper; Smoky Slate Classic Ink; Mini Silver Brads; Sticky Tape; and Dimensionals.
 
I changed the background designer paper on this one (not sure which one I like better -- how about you??)
 
And of course I had to try a Shabby Chic look by misting and scrunching my bow and then adding some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (doesn't show up well in the picture, but very pretty in person).
 
I would love to know what you think of my swaps -- I never feel they are worthy enough to swap with others who have such amazing designs.
 
 
Until next time,
Sandi
 
"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."  -- Proverbs 16:9
 

3 comments:

  1. Love your swap cards Sandi! Wish I could be at Ronda' s convention, but being in the U.P. now it would be about a 10 hour drive instead of 2!!!
    Kristy Sarau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome swaps, at least I know I will receive one of them! I can't wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Sandi, haven't been on computer past few weeks unless I have to pay bills. I love both your cards and my favorite is of course the new bow with the first designer paper. The metallic blue in the design pops the bow out. Have fun at convention (of course you always do) LOL Lois

    ReplyDelete